Museums, archives, archaeology, genealogy, built and intangible heritage, and so much more ....
What we do
AHI promotes the stewardship and appropriate development of heritage resources, raises awareness of the value of those resources, seeks a greater level of support for heritage industries throughout Newfoundland and Labrador, and assists in the development of policies and measures to support them.
Heritage is a key part of the social and economic fabric of our communities
Who we do it for
We're an umbrella organization of provincial heritage groups, encompassing museums, archives, archaeology, genealogy, built and intangible heritage, and more. Collectively, our members represent more than 2,000 organizations, institutions, and individuals involved in heritage activity throughout Newfoundland and Labrador.
AHI's member organizations:
- Association of Newfoundland & Labrador Archives
- Craft Council of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Family History Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Folks Art Society of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Historic Sites Association of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Museum Association of Newfoundland & Labrador
- Newfoundland & Labrador Archaeological Society
- Newfoundland & Labrador Historic Trust
- Newfoundland Historical Society
Learn more about our members ....
Get in touch
Looking to attend or advertise a local heritage event? Check out AHI's interactive events board. Need information on Newfoundland and Labrador's heritage sector? Have a heritage-related question that needs answering, or an issue you'd like us to explore?
We're here to help.
Reach us at email@example.com or 709.746.2133